Music and Your Unborn Baby: Email us today for your FREE E-Album
Amazingly enough music can have an effect on your unborn baby.
Music research is continually finding more and more ways that music can enhance our lives, from little ones in the womb right through our lives until we are old and wrinkly!
Put simply some of the things we know:
* Unborn babies can respond to music from approximately 16 weeks in vitro and they can actively listen from around week 24.
* Unborn babies can sense how you are responding to music. They can feel “feel your vibes”. If you love it baby will sense that, so play things that you love.
* Soothing music will have calming effects on your baby. This is a good reason to get baby used to gentle music, so that if they get upset when they are older you can play them something that they will recognize to help soothe them.
* Playing music regularly in the womb can affect fetal brain development, reduce stress levels in pregnancy, and improve baby’s sleep habits after birth.
* Babies will benefit listening to a wide range of music so let them listen to your favorites. If you are enjoying it remember your baby will feel that.
My goal with this special “Inside my Mummy’s Tummy” e-album is to not only provide your unborn child with a connection between soothing comfort and music, but to introduce you to one of the most powerful tools for your upcoming role as a parent—music! As I always say .....
Trying to understand exactly how and why music affects the brain is a bit like trying to understand electricity...we don’t have to understand it to use it!